Sunday, May 13, 2012

Everyone Has a Book

   Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time I turn on the radio or t.v., another author is getting interviewed about their new book.  Tonight on 60 Minutes, an actual CIA spy was promoting his.  And James Patterson is doing commercials for his murder mystery and his children's book.  Buy one, get one free.  So I've determined that the regular publishing world is just too busy to pay attention to little ol' me.

   It's time to seek out an independent publisher and get on with it.  Besides, why do I need to give an agent a percentage of my sales (if there are any).

   It feels good to make this decision.  Now I'll see if the story can stand on it's own, backed by social networks and my own marketing and publicity platform.   Scary, but isn't that the thrill of it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment